I am a media producer, who makes, builds, creates, manages and develops content primarily for the publishing industry. Below you will find more information pertaining to my work in publishing. There is also information on my career in real estate, work in the nonprofit sector and my family.
My career has allowed me to collaborate on industry changing endeavors with talented people in both the private and public sectors. From my beginning in real estate to publishing, the role of seeing opportunity, developing the idea and implementing it has been at my core.
- I have developed distance-learning labs-Pearson
- Created media departments-Mosby now Elsevier
- Created new publishing models for image databasing-Mosby
- Developed molecular modeling software-Mosby
- Designed production workflows-Mosby-Pearson
- Publishing credits include international textbook publishers, national and international magazines. See Clientele list to the right.
In publishing I have also dealt with the less exciting aspects
Media projects include
- Moving entire analog publishing workflows to digital
- Naming conventions for millions of files
- Building consensus across broad and sometimes divergent groups
- United States Military Academy at West Point-fund raising videos for Association of Graduates
- Elsevier Health Sciences-educational videos
- Pearson Education-educational videos
- Day in the Life Projects Documenting 24 hours of modern dance
- Profiling Hospice Nurses and patients (which led to my textbook work) for Lutheran Medical Center
Recent editorial projects include
- Photography for Pearson Education in Lubbock, Texas, Salt Lake City, Utah and Houston, Texas.
- Video productions in Burlington, Vermont and Erie, Pennsylvania and distance learning projects.
I have taught technology to K-8 grades (most interesting), art of seeing to children-adults, and the business of (publishing) media to corporate colleagues.
- Partner in Forsyth Properties in St. Louis, Missouri. The company invested and managed real estate rental properties primary in University City and St. Louis, Missouri.
- The company's unique system of management and development allowed Section 8 tenants to remain in their primary residence while upgrading their quality of life with renovated units and lower rents.
Please review the links above to learn more and if you have any questions I may be contacted at pjw at patrickjwatson.com.