Hello and thank you for stopping.
I do not have a conventional title in my work, the closest may be developer. If you need some boundaries to define me I will try to give you a few. I make, build, create, manage and develop. What? Ideas, real estate and art. Let's talk about a few of things I have done and a few I am working on.
My career has allowed me to collaborate on industry changing endeavors with talented people in both the private and public sectors. Starting in real estate, to publishing, to business, the role of seeing opportunity, developing the idea and implementing it has been at my core.
- In publishing I have
- developed distance-learning labs-Pearson
- created media departments-Mosby now Elsevier
- created new publishing models for image databasing-Mosby
- developed molecular modeling software-Mosby
- designed production workflows-Mosby-Pearson
- Publishing credits include international textbook publishers, national and international magazines. See Clientele list
- Media projects include those for United States Military Academy at West Point, Elsevier Health Sciences and Pearson Education.
- I have created unique Day in the Life Projects
- Documenting 24 hours of modern dance. MadCo
- Profiling Hospice nurses and patients (which led to my textbook work). Luthern Medical Center
- taken many, many photos
- Recent projects include photography for Pearson Education in Lubbock, Texas, Salt Lake City, Utah and Houston, Texas. Video productions in Burlington, Vermont and Erie, Pennsylvania and distance learning projects.
- In publshing I have also
- Dealt with the less exciting aspects
- Moving entire analog publishing workflows to digital
- Naming conventions for millions of files
- Building consensus across broad and sometimes divergent groups
- In real estate
- I assumed the family business with my nephew at 17-thank you Steve you made it really happen.
- Purchased first real estate property at 17
- Established protocols for Section 8 tenants for apartment life-Watson Contracting Company-WatCoCo
- Worked with urban renewal projects as diverse as Pruitt-Igoe to Operation Brightside in St. Louis
- Government contractor for renovation of inner city housing projects-WatCoCo
- Partner in Forsyth Properties in St. Louis with over 100 + units, 3 dozen properties in both residential, commercial and acreage.
- Taught technology to K-8 grades (most interesting), art of seeing to children-adults, and the business of (publishing) media to corporate colleagues.
- Recent non profit work includes Poughkeepsie Public Library trustee and City of Poughkeepsie Charter Review Commission.
Please review the links to learn more. I may be contacted at pjw at patrickjwatson.com